Monday, April 9, 2012

Time of our lives

Afternoon all


Anybody had a look at the MLS standings? If not......... go on, treat yourself, they look wonderful!

I suppose now the question is just how big is this next game vs Real Salt Lake at LIVESTRONG Sporting Park. Both sides playing extremely attractive soccer and lie top of their respective conferences. Easily the biggest game in MLS this weekend, tickets are almost gone, so if you want to get to the game, hurry up!

I think the game vs LA Galaxy was the teams finest moment yet this season. LA failed to have a shot on target all game and Sporting clearly dominated. No shot on target from anyone in MLS vs Sporting KC in 245 minutes! Unreal!

So during the past week Sporting KC announced a brand new partnership with Sports Radio 810 WHB. Perfect timing in my opinion, as ESPN were in Kansas City covering the game. Leading up to the match I was very excited (as per usual), mainly because I was going to do my first radio commentary for a long time. Coming from a radio background, its always nice to go back to the routes and remember things that I was taught by so many great people back in England with the BBC and within local radio. Had a good chat with ESPN's Adrian Healy before the game. I remember him saying he loves coming to LIVESTRONG Sporting Park and can't wait to come back again. Once again from what I heard, the atmosphere was fascinating once again. I really did enjoy the radio commentary and the fact that it now seems as though we are buying our own radio and some more TV equipment; broadcast is still very high on the agenda at Sporting KC. As an announcer, thats great to know! There are several teams in MLS that don't use it to its full advantage at all, but Sporting KC push it out there, which is very comforting. I thought once again that Jake (@jakeyadrich) was as solid as ever and Kristin (@kbock2241) on sideline was very good on the timing aspect of things. I look forward to our next 810 commentary on May 27th, but its all TV now for a while and I certainly don't have a problem with that. Remember that Josh (@joshwhisenhunt) and Andy (@AndyEdSKC) will have a post game call in show after EVERY home game on Sports Radio 810 WHB.

So now we move on to the next big test. I think Real Salt Lake will be our toughest opponent yet. They're full strength, solid at the back, have a commanding presence in the middle through Beckerman, plus Espindola and Sabario up top will always cause problems. Very excited to call this 1! Dubbed the game of MLS so far. Join Jake, Kristin, Josh and I from 7pm CT on KSMO - TV!

Until next time.....

Cal

No comments:

Post a Comment